IT/OT Security Engineer - Manufacturing Industry 4.0 (m/f/x)
What's the role?
We are looking for an IT/OT Security Engineer defining and managing IT security projects and solutions, working towards achieving our vision of a secure digital Smart Factory at Hilti. To complement our team we are seeking for IT/OT Security Engineer to conduct digitalization projects and supports the overall life-cycle of IT/OT applications. You will strongly contribute to our digital transformation journey shaping the future of digitalized manufacturing at Hilti - essential to further grow our position as quality and innovation leader.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 127 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
As an IT/OT Security Engineer in Manufacturing & Industry 4.0 you will make our vision of smart digital manufacturing step by step more secure. In line with our IT and Business management teams you will define, deliver, and run solutions contributing to our vision. This innovative position requires IT security know-how, willingness to understand IT security & industry trends and their adaptability to the Hilti business, as well as strong competences to implement and operate these solutions. One of the most dynamic and diverse IT challenges is waiting for you. This position will be responsible for leading and supporting end-to-end security implementations and securing new business solutions based on latest technologies, e.g. SAP S/4 HANA, SAP Business ByDesign, MS Azure and IT infrastructure (network segmentation). Following new security trends surrounding Industry 4.0, analyzing their values, and implementing them at Hilti are additional parts of that innovation leading role.
- Develop technical solutions, sustainable processes, and standards
- Technology lead of infrastructure services for IT/OT including servers, operating system builds, configuration management, asset lifecycle, cloud solutions
- Introduction of new technologies through pilots and projects
- Drive standardization, centralization, and contribute to digitalization initiatives
- Monitor and assess cyber security threats and define remediation activities in the Manufacturing area
- Support the local teams in maintaining hardware, software and automation systems
- Actively manage 3rd party vendor(s), local suppliers and providers to ensure they are meeting services levels (requirements and quality) and ensuring Hilti standards, e. g., security, architecture, quality
- Conduct and support audits and assessments on Hilti plants
- Develop and maintain documentation relating to network and all assigned systems in line with Hilti standards
- Strongly collaborate with the global Cyber Security team
What do we offer?
We give you the autonomy to identify the right technology solutions for our customers. We also encourage you to grow, not only in this role, but also beyond - you will be able to move around the business, to experience various job functions and even work abroad in different markets.
Our IT department is located in Buchs SG, Switzerland in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. It is in convenient walking distance to the city center and train station as well as in close proximity to our corporate headquarters in Schaan, Liechtenstein.
As integral part of our performance oriented yet caring culture we want you to work your best. Offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, comprehensive insurance and pension plans, day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge!
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter your background.
What you need is:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Information Systems, Computer Science, or in a related field (PhD is a plus)
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in IT Security, Network incl. experience in OT systems
- Experience in Manufacturing and Industry 4.0 is a plus (Knowledge in industrial communications & automation)
- Experience in control systems design, implementation and/or maintenance
- Solid (hands-on) cyber security knowledge like access control, firewalls, authentication
- Experience in working with cloud solutions, specifically with MS-Azure
- Willingness to work closely with business counterparts on one of the most dynamic and diverse IT environments
- Entrepreneurial attitude – taking responsibility in understanding topics, owning them, and delivering success
- Affinity for leading edge IT security technologies in the area of Industry 4.0, OT and IT in general
- Fluent in English (verbal and written), German is a plus
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer