IT Software Engineer – SAP Data Archiving (m/f/x)
What's the role?
We are looking for an experienced “IT Software Engineer – SAP Data Archiving” to join our global Central Technology team which is responsible in enabling integrations, content management and digital services across all business functions at Hilti. You will have the opportunity to design, implement and maintain archiving solutions for our SAP enterprise systems ranging from classical SAP archiving to SAP Information Lifecycle Management (SAP ILM). This role provides a unique opportunity to work with multiple teams and be at the forefront of our drive towards data retention compliance.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software, and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with some 30,000 people in more than 120 countries committed to global teamwork.
The IT department within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti’`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
As an experienced IT Software Engineer – SAP Data Archiving, you identify and analyze business requirements and transform these into archiving solutions based on customer needs and strategic requirements. You are responsible to perform the administration and operation of our SAP archiving solutions on our S/4HANA SAP systems.
This role would also give you the opportunity to be part of the team implementing our new SAP Information Lifecycle Management (SAP ILM) solution which would cater towards achieving enterprise wide General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance across our SAP systems.
You will be part of a team that provides the underlying technology platforms for our IT business verticals, enabling communication among the applications and business functions for Hilti.
Outside the day-to-day tasks, you will be involved in multiple cross functional projects that would require archiving expertise and support which would provide you the platform to connect with a huge audience of IT and business stakeholders.
What do we offer?
We give you the autonomy to identify the right technology solutions for our customers. We also encourage you to grow, not only in this role, but also beyond - you will be able to move around the business, to experience various job functions and even work abroad in different markets.
Our IT department is located in Buchs SG, Switzerland in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. It is in convenient walking distance to the city center and train station as well as in close proximity to our corporate headquarters in Schaan, Liechtenstein.
As integral part of our performance oriented yet caring culture we want you to work your best. Offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, comprehensive insurance and pension plans, day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge!
Why should you apply?
- We believe in continuous improvement and innovations to remain relevant in fast growing technology field with changing business and user needs.
- We put our people in the forefront, setting you up for success and career fulfillment is at the center of what we do.
- With the current projects in the pipeline, you will have a lot of opportunities to showcase your skills and learn new things.
What you need is:
- Passion for archiving with the ability to conceptualize, build and run SAP Data Archiving solutions
- You are detail oriented, able to work independently, team player with a can-do attitude
- The ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts and ideas to senior IT management, functional and business teams
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or in a related field. Ph.D. is a plus
- Technical/Functional knowledge of the SAP Archiving, Administrative functions and Archiving Development Kit (ADK)
- Experience in implementation and administration of SAP ILM on S/4HANA
- End to end exposure of implementation experience for archiving objects in the application areas AM, BC, CO, FI, MM, PM, PP, QM and SD
- Solid understanding of SAP database statistics and the ability to analyze growth trends and identify main culprits of diminishing performance
- Knowledge in ABAP & Basis
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well balanced, adaptive communication style; ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- Fluent in English (verbally and written)
Good to have:
- Technical/Functional knowledge of the Data Retention Tool (DaRT)
- Knowledge in SAP ArchiveLink
- Knowledge on SAP ILM Store and SAP IQ
- Any OpenText archive server such as Documentum, xECM or Archive Center would be beneficial
- Previous experience on job automation engine (Automic) would be a plus
- Previous experience with working on ITSM tools (ServiceNow)
- Ability to speak in German language
We look forward to receiving your application. For further questions please contact the hiring manager https://www.linkedin.com/in/dhawee-battad-0899b99b/
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.