IT Product Owner (Finance and Controlling IT - area Finance Services)
What's the role?
We are looking for an experienced IT Product Owner (with customizing capabilities) with focus on Finance (General Ledger, AR, AA) and Sales & Distribution (Order entry, Billing). Including interfaces with external systems (e.g. tax reporting, e-billing). You will be the Product Owner of Fleet Management (the usage concept of Hilti tools) and in Software selling areas from Finance aspects. Basic understanding of tax accounting and technical skills in ABAP is a plus. You will be the first point of contact for Hilti Business team for example Finance & Fleet Business etc. Your innovative mindset will help to enable business excellence and customer satisfaction through value-adding global IT solutions.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 127 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
As an IT Product Owner (Finance and Controlling IT), you are responsible for respective IT Solution fall under area Finance Services where you need to Plan, Build and Run the complete solution which fits to our IT landscape and also provide operational excellence to our respective business. Hence, you’ll identify and analyze business requirements for creative and innovative IT solutions based on business needs and strategic requirements. You are responsible to define the roadmap together with the business team and accordingly work on our SAP system landscape towards S/4HANA for Finance & Controlling processes. You own every outcome, decision and activity related to solution for which the scope is defined. Decisions are prepared and actions taken based on deep understanding of Hilti Business Model, specific product area and corresponding IT strategy & guidelines. Furthermore, you’ll be managing stakeholder relations, take decisions based on financial benefits & business impact with that prioritize the backlog, able to create user stories for functional and non-functional requirements, run demos and basic trainings and own the support process. Additionally, you will be expected to work on agile approach for delivering fast results. Lastly you will be expected to coach juniors in the area so that they can work independently in the near future.
What do we offer?
We encourage you to grow, not only in this role, but also beyond. You will be able to work abroad, experience various job functions and tackle different areas. If you have potential, you will meet opportunity at Hilti.
Our IT department is in the mountainous Buchs SG, near St-Gallen, in Switzerland, near our Headquarters in Schaan. The location Buchs provides short commuting ways and day care for your children, and we offer subsidized coupons for local restaurants as one of the many perks. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use. We want you to work your best and offering flexible working and part time working arrangements (60 -100%) are just some of the ways we do that.
Why should you apply?
Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies. You will have the freedom to act in the responsible area with career prospects in a dynamic environment, excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge. Our team in Kuala Lumpur is a fully recognized and respected competence center that is covering all relevant areas of IT. 80% of the top positions are filled internally. We have a clearly defined career development track for every individual employee and an excellent team whom are duly rewarded by performance.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or PhD in Information Technology, Computer Science or other relevant education
- At least 5 years of experience in SAP ERP 6.0 environment / S/4HANA in the following areas: Finance (General Ledger, AR, AA) and Sales & Distribution (Order entry, Billing). Including interfaces with external systems (e.g. tax reporting, e-billing). Basic understanding of tax accounting and technical skills in ABAP is beneficial.
- Good understanding of business processes in finance and controlling, especially, integration with SD, in the context of a globally operating enterprise
- Strong drive for success and high level of commitment
- Using advanced tools and methods for gathering of facts including analytical methods to develop solutions scenarios
- Planning, realization and controlling skills are systematically applied in daily work
- Able to work and perform in an agile context applying the defined common methods
- Willingness to learn and develop yourself and your colleagues
- Excellent communication skills, high commitment, self-responsibility, and customer orientation
- Experience in working in an international/virtual/geographically dispersed team
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer