IT Controller (m/f/x)
What's the role?
We are looking for an experienced Controller to join our Global IT Controlling Team in Buchs, Switzerland. In this role you will act as a financial business partner for the Global IT leadership team focusing on Strategic Initiatives and Projects. Together with your colleagues and based on your interactions with your counterparts in Global IT, you will provide accurate rolling forecasts, keep track of actual cost development and perform in-depth analyses to derive actionable recommendations for the management level. You will also contribute to the continuous improvement of our controlling processes, particularly the further development of our Project Planning and Analysis (PPA) processes and tools.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software, and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with some 30,000 people in more than 120 countries committed to global teamwork.
The IT department within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti’`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
In this role you will
- interact with your counterparts (team leads, product owners, project managers etc.) on a regular basis and provide transparency on actual and projected cost development (rolling forecast).
- work closely with our Project Portfolio Manager to ensure that portfolio information is up to date and in line with latest financials.
- review investment proposals and provide your assessment from a commercial perspective to the decision and approval process.
- support the invoice control, cost recognition process, month-end and year-end closing process.
- perform in-depth analyses and propose clear, actionable recommendations, with the aim of cost efficiency and transparency, particularly with respect to strategic initiatives and projects.
- create and lead initiatives focused for continuous improvement of our controlling processes.
- become part of the finance and controlling community in Hilti with more than 500 colleagues worldwide.
What do we offer?
We give you the autonomy to identify the right technology solutions for our customers. We also encourage you to grow, not only in this role, but also beyond - you will be able to move around the business, to experience various job functions and even work abroad in different markets.
Our IT department is located in Buchs SG, Switzerland in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. It is in convenient walking distance to the city center and train station as well as in close proximity to our corporate headquarters in Schaan, Liechtenstein.
As integral part of our performance oriented yet caring culture we want you to work your best. Offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, comprehensive insurance and pension plans, day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge!
Why should you apply?
Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using the latest technologies. You will have the freedom to act in your area of responsibility while you can count of the support of your colleagues to master the challenges ahead.
This position provides excellent career prospects in a dynamic environment as well as excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels, being it in the Hilti’s finance and controlling community or within Global IT.
What you need is:
- MSc. degree (preferably accounting and/or financial management)
- Several years of experience in working in controlling, project controlling
- Prior IT controlling experience a strong plus
- Ability to work with SAP (cost centre reports, internal orders, etc.)
- A proactive working style and “getting-things-done” mentality
- Strong interpersonal skills paired with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Fluency in English
Does this sound like you? We look forward to your application! For further questions, please feel free to contact the hiring manager Christian Layr, Head of IT Controlling.
*For non-EU / EFTA citizens: Please state your eligibility status to work in Switzerland/ Liechtenstein and note that if you do not own a valid Swiss/ Liechtenstein work permit, Hilti cannot guarantee your final employment due to authority regulations.
Learn more about us: https://careers.hilti.li/en-li
Learn more about our IoT initiatives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esUQ6tdQnls
Learn more about our Global IT Competition here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlv1hDNuVw4
Learn more about our sustainability efforts:
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.