Global Lead Solution Architect IoT and OT (m/f/x)
What's the role?
As a Global Lead Solution Architect, you are overlooking the complete IoT and OT environments of Hilti (implemented manly on AWS and Azure) and drive the future of these environments by taking strategic architectural decisions and providing guidance to the involved business and IT leadership teams. You are also overlooking the engineering and ensure the fulfilment of the architecture principles.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software, and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with some 30,000 people in more than 120 countries committed to global teamwork.
The IT department within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti’`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
As a Lead Solution Architect, you will be part of a team of architects, engineers, designers, and business counterparts, which are located all over the world. Your first-and-foremost responsibility is to design together with other architects the future of our IoT implementation by applying architecture principles and patterns. With this you push our strategy to enable our products with IoT capabilities even further. It is your job to find the right balance between innovation, technical feasibility, long-term sustainability, agile delivery and cost-effective end-to-end implementation. Regularly, you will guide other architects, subject matter experts, and external partners based on your methodical thinking and ability to structure complex questions.
What do we offer?
We give you the autonomy to identify the right technology solutions for our customers. We also encourage you to grow, not only in this role, but also beyond - you will be able to move around the business, to experience various job functions and even work abroad in different markets.
Our IT department is located in Buchs SG, Switzerland in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. It is in convenient walking distance to the city center and train station as well as in close proximity to our corporate headquarters in Schaan, Liechtenstein.
As integral part of our performance oriented yet caring culture we want you to work your best. Offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, comprehensive insurance and pension plans, day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge!
Why should you apply?
For this position, we are seeking a creative, innovative, structured, and open-minded architect with demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a global team setting. If you combine strong analytical skills with the capability to talk to both—top management and engineer—you are exactly what we are looking for.
What you need is:
- MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar; PhD preferred
- Strong conceptional and analytical skills
- Fluent in English, multi-lingual preferred
- At least 2-5 years of experience as a senior architect
- Ability to adaptively communicate with engineers, other architects as well as senior management
- Multi-year, proven track record in the area of IoT or OT projects. Experience in event driven integration into back-end systems is a plus.
- Multi-year working experience with software design/ architecture patterns (particularly cloud native applications, cloud integration patterns and microservices); good understanding of backend integration technologies and patterns (integration based on an event-driven architecture is a plus)
- Experience with common architectural patterns
- Curiosity, creativity, and willingness to embrace new ideas, technologies and methodologies
Does that sound like you? Apply today and start your Hilti journey.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Christoph Goeth on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/christoph-goeth/
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer and committed to employing a diverse workforce.