Cybersecurity Engineer (m/f/x)
What's the role?
As a Cybersecurity Engineer, you are part of our international Security Operations Centre (SOC) organization headquartered in Kuala Lumpur. You will help us to protect our critical assets in IT/IoT/OT by evergreening existing solutions and evaluating new ones via security engineering principles. You will work in close collaboration and partnership with our newly established Chief Cyber Security Officer organization, our Global IT Engineering teams, our Digital Software & Services teams, and our Legal and Data Protection organizations and external service providers.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software, and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with some 30,000 people in more than 120 countries committed to global teamwork.
The IT department within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti’`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
Cyber Security Engineers play a key role in the cyber defense of the Hilti Group. You will manage cyber security solutions for the company. You support protecting the digital assets of the company. You partner with our various IT Engineering, Digital, and Legal teams, and take global responsibility in selecting, implementing, and running security solutions for the Hilti Group feeding into our Security Operation Centre, while balancing business needs and risk mitigation. This includes supporting global implementation projects for cyber security solutions, evaluating, selecting & managing vendors, designing, engineering and operating security solutions internally and/or together with vendors, providing 2nd level incident support as well as assisting crisis teams in incident-related escalations. You perform continuous improvement activities on the services owned. You understand the threat landscape and advise our IT engineering and application teams on cyber risks and mitigation measures and follow up on incidents together with the Security Incident Responders. It is your role to guide the various IT Engineering and Digital teams on identifying and closing vulnerabilities. You will work closely with service lines to perform periodic review of rules and policies of security solutions. You lead and own all security engineering activities and take full responsibility of its performance. You show strong ownership in security implementation projects. You will improve documentation for all deployed solutions. You will mentor, develop and train junior cyber security engineers. You will work in close collaboration with Security Incident Responders, Cyber Threat Intelligence Analysts and Cybersecurity Architects in the team and with colleagues in IT Operations to improve the overall security posture of Hilti.
What do we offer?
We give you the autonomy to identify the right technology solutions for our customers. We also encourage you to grow, not only in this role, but also beyond - you will be able to move around the business, to experience various job functions and even work abroad in different markets.
Our IT department is located in Buchs SG, Switzerland in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. It is in convenient walking distance to the city center and train station as well as in close proximity to our corporate headquarters in Schaan, Liechtenstein.
As integral part of our performance oriented yet caring culture we want you to work your best. Offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, comprehensive insurance and pension plans, day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge!
Why should you apply?
We are building a leading SOC organization with highly automated and extremely adaptive capabilities using latest technologies. We work in classical IT environments but also in IoT and OT environments where we anticipate a lot of progress and capability building in the future.
What you need is:
- Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or a related technical discipline related to information security, cybersecurity, or computer network defense, Master’s degree would be preferred
- 5 – 7 years’ experience working as a cybersecurity engineer
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong know-how in cloud technologies (Azure, AWS)
- Strong scripting skills
- Experience with SIEM/XDR/SOAR/EDR solutions
- Experience with Vulnerability Management solutions
- Experience in working in a SOC/CDC environment
- Familiarity with the relevant NIST standards and framework
- Familiarity with the MITRE ATT@CK framework and the Cyber Kill Chain
- Good knowledge of security standards
- Experience in assessing external solutions
- CISSP certification
- Fluent in English (verbally and written)
- Good to have:
- Working experience in the manufacturing industry
- Basic understanding security incident response processes
- Basic understanding of cyber threat intelligence processes
- Experience in conducting penetration testing
- A thirst to learn and challenge yourself
- Comptia Security+, RCCE, certification is a plus
We look forward to receiving your application.
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.