Business Intelligence Analyst – Front-End Solutions (m/f/x)
What's the role?
In the role of Business Intelligence Analyst specializing in Front-End Solutions, you will be part of the Global Information Management Organization which aims to deliver new insights and drive data analytics transformation. This role will require you to master SAP front-end solutions and work closely with key stakeholders from the business to build systematic insights, data visualization, intuitive dashboards and data modelling to support the adoption of analytics into the decision-making processes across the Hilti organization.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software, and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with some 30,000 people in more than 120 countries committed to global teamwork.
The IT department within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti’`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
In your role as Business Intelligence Analyst – Front-End Solutions, you develop as a subject matter expert for tools and ways of working to enable the business key users to develop insights and drive change management within the organization. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders on demand, translating business needs into technical requirements and be the change agent to help steer business mindsets towards leveraging internal data assets for strategic and tactical conclusions.
The role will require you to
(1) proactively review existing reporting & analytics processes within the business to identify best practices and suggest opportunities for improvements.
(2) conceptualize and implement new ways of working to inspire self-service enablement for business users.
(3) participate and collaborate with multiple parties internally to realize concepts.
You will ensure the delivery of sustainable front-end solutions and optimal ways of working that support the organization’s long-term goals while delivering maximum incremental short-term gains.
What do we offer?
We give you the autonomy to identify the right technology solutions for our customers. We also encourage you to grow, not only in this role, but also beyond - you will be able to move around the business, to experience various job functions and even work abroad in different markets.
Our IT department is located in Buchs SG, Switzerland in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. It is in convenient walking distance to the city center and train station as well as in close proximity to our corporate headquarters in Schaan, Liechtenstein.
As integral part of our performance oriented yet caring culture we want you to work your best. Offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, comprehensive insurance and pension plans, day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge!
Why should you apply?
For this position, we are seeking out-of-the-box, innovative and open-minded people with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a global team setting. If you are a change catalyst and combine strong analytical skills with knowledge and experience in Business Intelligence front-end solutions, if you claim to have excellent written and verbal communication skills and if you can demonstrate success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders, you are exactly what we are looking for.
What you need is:
- You have a MS in Business Administration, Information Technology; PhD preferred
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in SAP BI area (SAP Frontends: BO, SAC, Lumira and SAP Business Warehouse)
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, team player, and good problem-solving skills; leadership and project management experience preferable
- You are fluent in English (verbally and written) with excellent communication skills. Additional languages are a plus.
- Additional project management experience and certification is a plus (ideal but not required)
- Functional Experience
- Knowledge of BI principles, Data Analytics, Data Warehousing, Data Modelling and Front-End reporting tools; experience in the following is a MUST: SAP Business Objects or SAP Analytics Cloud or SAP Lumira, BEX 7.x, SAP BW 7.x
- Additional knowledge of the following are a PLUS: Any non-SAP frontends (for example PowerBI, etc), SAP BW/4HANA, SQL experience, SAP Analytics Cloud Planning, Experience with SAP ERP modules and ByDesign solution
Does this sound like you? We look forward to your application! For further questions, please feel free to contact the hiring manager Faizal Ariffin, Head of SAP Business Analytics Solution.
*For non-EU / EFTA citizens: Please state your eligibility status to work in Switzerland and note that if you do not own a valid Swiss work permit, Hilti cannot guarantee your final employment due to authority regulations.
Learn more about us: https://careers.hilti.li/en-li
Learn more about our IoT initiatives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esUQ6tdQnls
Learn more about our Global IT Competition here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlv1hDNuVw4
Learn more about our sustainability efforts:
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.