Business Intelligence Analyst
What's the role?
In the role of Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be part of the Global SAP Business Warehouse Team which aims to deliver new insights and drive data analytics transformation. This role will require you to work closely with key stakeholders from the business to build systematic insights, data visualization, intuitive dashboards and data modelling to support the adoption of analytics into the decision-making processes across the Hilti organization.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 127 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
In your role as Business Intelligence Analyst, you represent the Information Management group as part of SAP BW Team to partner the business to develop insights and drive change management within the organization.
You will work collaboratively with stakeholders on demand, translating business needs into technical requirements and be the change agent to help steer business mindsets towards leveraging internal data assets for strategic and tactical conclusions.
The role will require you to
(1) proactively review existing reporting & analytics processes within the business to identify best practices and suggest opportunities for improvements,
(2) conceptualize and implement new Data Models in alignment with Business Scenarios and
(3) participate and collaborate with multiple parties internally to build complex scenarios.
Together with your business partners, you will ensure the delivery of sustainable solutions that support the organization’s long-term goals while delivering maximum incremental short-term gains.
What do we offer?
We give you the autonomy to identify the right technology solutions for our customers. We also encourage you to grow, not only in this role, but also beyond - you will be able to move around the business, to experience various job functions and even work abroad in different markets.
Our IT department is located in Buchs SG, Switzerland in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. It is in convenient walking distance to the city center and train station as well as in close proximity to our corporate headquarters in Schaan, Liechtenstein.
As integral part of our performance oriented yet caring culture we want you to work your best. Offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, comprehensive insurance and pension plans, day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge!
Why should you apply?
For this position, we are seeking out-of-the-box, innovative and open-minded people with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a global team setting. If you are a change catalyst and combine strong analytical skills with knowledge and experience in Business Intelligence solutions, if you claim to have excellent written and verbal communication skills and if you can demonstrate success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders, you are exactly what we are looking for.
What you need is:
- You have a MS in Business Administration, Information Technology; PhD preferred
- You have at least 5 years experience in SAP Business Warehouse
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, team player, and good problem-solving skills; leadership and project management experience preferable
- You are fluent in English (verbally and written) with excellent communication skills.
- Aditional languages are a plus
- Additional project management experience and certification is a plus (ideal but not required)
- Knowledge of BI principles, Data Analytics, Data Warehousing, Data Modelling and Front-End reporting tools; with proven experiences: SAP BW 3.x & 7.x / BEX3.x & 7.x / SAP Business Objects Webi / ABAP
- Additional knowledge of the following are a PLUS: SAP BW/4HANA / SQL experience / SAP Business Objects publications / SAP BW analytical authorization / Experience with SAP ERP modules FICO and SD / SAP Analytics Cloud
Does this sound like you? We look forward to your application! For further questions, please feel free to contact the hiring manager Faizal Ariffin, Head of SAP Business Analytics Solution.
*For non-EU / EFTA citizens: Please state your eligibility status to work in Switzerland/ Liechtenstein and note that if you do not own a valid Swiss/ Liechtenstein work permit, Hilti cannot guarantee your final employment due to authority regulations.
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer